Good interview techniques from Katie Couric:
- Be a gracious host.
- Conduct the interview with warm and welcome body language.
- Calibrate your tone of voice appropriately for the interview.
- Be empathetic.
- Explain what you can in the body of your question without saying too much.
- Don’t ask “yes” or “no” questions.
- Know the interviewees responses from other interviews they’ve done to help with follow-up questions.
- Use questions as a template and be able to go off in a different direction.
- Try to learn about who you are interviewing before the interview.
- Don’t forget about your audience.